onsdag 26 september 2012

Wonderful yarns...

Here are some pictures from our visit to Wålstedts. I've been there countless times now but I am always as amazed by what they do...

Wålstedts wool yarn "Vålbergsgarn" - perfect for knitting
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB
 Fourth generation Wålstedts, Sonia Bush, explains how they help us and Helena dye yarns.
Fourth generation Wålstedts, Sonia Bush, explaines how they help us and Helena dye yarns
Photo: Birgitta Jönsson
 All of the wool is hand sorted into quality and type. Almost all of the wool is from Swedish sheep.
Sorting of the different wools
Photo: Birgitta Jönsson
Pictures from the production.
Details from the mill
Photo: Birgitta Jönsson

Details from the mill
Photo: Birgitta Jönsson

Details from the mill
Photo: Birgitta Jönsson
 Need I say more...
Is this heaven perhaps? No, just Wålstedts!
After two amazing but intense weeks on can need a bit of relaxation. Luckily I bought some yarn at Wålstedts that made my weekend. The colour is called "Brick" and the knitting technique I am using I learnt at Wålstedts last year.

Vålbergsgarn "Nytegel", from Wålstedts
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar