måndag 7 januari 2013

Hello 2013!

At home in wintertime. 2013
Photo: Frida Lindberg
First of all I have to make a small apology for being so absent on the blog lately, sometimes life is just not possible to summarize in writing. But now I am back and I'll hopefully be more active from now on. This last year has been a year of change and testing the boundaries of what's possible. If someone would've asked me a couple of years ago what I thought I'd be doing today, in my wildest dreams I could never have imagined this. It is truly a joy to be able to work with the things you love - and of course textile art and handweaving is my big passion.

Since last year was such an intense year I do not even know where to start in summarizing it (as customary on a blog at this time of year...). Instead today I'll give you a sneak-peek at what's in the calender for this coming year so far. I am glad to say that we are now preparing to put up a weave in the big loom (it's 11ft wide), more pictures of that is coming soon. A small spoiler is that it is something for a church. This is what our most faithful companion can look like in different attires;

Helena Hernmarck's "Spirit Bear" in the making at Alice Lund Textilier 2011
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

A pall (bårtäcke) for a church in Dalarna, 2012
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

An Alice Lund carpet "Hästtäcket" in the big loom at Alice Lund Textilier, 2010
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

Helena Hernmarck standing on "Tabula Rasa" at Alice Lund Textilier, 2010
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

2 kommentarer:

  1. Väldigt vacker bild den översta, och vackert fönster. Vilken rymd!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Härligt att Du börjar det nya året vid detta vackra och stora fönster!
    Om 2013 skall innehålla lika mycket som 2012 då får vi se framåt med stor nyfikenhet!
    Inger

    SvaraRadera