fredag 8 mars 2013

On a day like today

It's the international women's day today. In the world of textiles I've met a lot of strong, wonderful women - both in the past (through my research) and in the present (through my work at the studio). First I thought I'd write about my encounters with some of them. Then I realized that in my world of textiles the women are already in focus, leading the way in every way possible, in research, in art, in museums, in knowledge and in organizations. So, not to forget the many talented men working in the field as well I thought I'd show some textile art made by male textile artists. Enjoy!

Sten Kauppi "Staden", at Waldemarsudde 2012
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB
Sten Kauppi "Staden", at Waldemarsudde 2012
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB
Sven Johansson, chasubles for Uppsala Cathedral, Alice Lund Textilier AB
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

Hans Krondahl "Mot September", at Waldemarsudde 2012
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

Pasi Välimaa "Broderi", at Nationalmuseum
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

Alf Munthe, Leksands Kulturhus
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB


1 kommentar:

  1. Många män har nog gjort fina alster men det är kvinnorna i vävstolarna som gör det verkliga jobbet, eller hur?

    Hälsar
    Inger

    SvaraRadera