torsdag 17 oktober 2013

Reading tips, part 2

Here are some more tips of interesting books I've read lately.

Last year there was an interesting exhibition at Nationalmuseum called Slow Art, which I have written about before. The exhibtion was great but what was almost better was the catalogue they published. (Available in both English and Swedish) There are several interesting texts about the concept Slow Art - in past and present.

The Bauhaus movement produced a lot of interesting textile artists. One of them was textile artist Gunta Stölzl. There is a small but wonderful book about her (which I unfortunatly just could get a hold of in German, although there is an English version as well). But the pictures make up for my lack of understanding the text fully.

Another favorite in the book shelf is this book "Living museums in Scandinavia" which has given a lot of tips when dreaming about all the things we will do to our house. It shows different artists homes in all of Scandinavia and gives a bit of background to their making. Some of my favorites are of course the houses of Zorn and Carl and Karin Larsson. But I also found new favorites from Denmark and Finland which I hope to visit in the future.

1 kommentar:

  1. Glöm inte att besöka William Morris Gallery i London!!
    Där finns också ideér att kopiera!!
    Häls.
    Inger

    SvaraRadera