torsdag 3 oktober 2013

The test of time

 In the archives at Alice Lund Textilier there is a lot of different types of material saved from almost 80 years of production - for example; hand painted sketches, fabric samples and photographs. This comes in handy when I am doing my research. Right now I am looking at the printed textiles that Sofia Widén made during the 1950s and yesterday I found something that really excited me.

All of the textiles created in Sofia Widén's studio are very well documented. There are for example binders with sketches from all of the comissions, as well as a record of envelopes with small fabric and yarn samples from all of the textiles that were made. Combined this gives a pretty good picture of what the studio produced during the years.

Yesterday I found the envelope with the fabric samples from my wall hanging "Karabinjärer" and I was very excited to compare the samples with the actual wall hanging to see what has happened with the colors during the years. And even though I think the soldiers have aged gracefully it is clear that the colors have changed quite a bit during 55 years.

Fabric samples from "Karabinjärer" at ALT Archives
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier

Fabric samples from "Karabinjärer" on the actual wall hanging
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier

Fabric samples from "Karabinjärer" on the actual wall hanging
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier





1 kommentar:

  1. Fantastiskt att Du har hittat de "rätta" färgerna till Din bonad!
    Vilken lycka!
    Vad mer kommer Du att hitta!?!
    Häls. Inger

    SvaraRadera