fredag 21 februari 2014

More gems from the archive

Even though I spend a lot of my time in the archives at Alice Lund Textilier, I can still find new treasures that I haven't seen before. The material is so vast, it stretches over nine decades (!) and a lot of different artists are represented. This week I looked at the material from an artist that I haven't had the opportunity to explore before. It is the textile artist Vera Danielsson, who was employed by Sofia Widén from 1954-1956. I actually do not know so much about her (yet...) but her designs speak for them selves. She made designs for printed textiles as well as designs for rugs. Her artistic expression feels playful and sometimes inspired by foreign cultures. Here are some examples that I found in the last few days.

Vera Danielsson "Kvitter" design for a wallhanging in applique technique
Sofia Widén Textilier 1954
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB


Vera Danielsson "Roses" design for printed fabric, Sofia Widén Textilier
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB
Vera Danielsson "Roses" design for printed fabric, Sofia Widén Textilier
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

Vera Danielsson, printed fabric "India" Sofia Widén Textilier
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB
Vera Danielsson design for rug (rya), Sofia Widén Textilier
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

Vera Danielsson design for rug (rya), Sofia Widén Textilier
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB


1 kommentar:

  1. I love these photos front the archives. How beautiful and inspirational they all are.

    SvaraRadera