måndag 2 mars 2015

Coming home

Last week I acquired a new weave for my small collection of 20th century textile art. It is a wall hanging by Alice Lund woven in 1969. Best of all, I found the original sketch in Alice Lund Textilier's archive. Next time I am at the studio I will have a closer look to see if I can find more information about who bought it in the first place and where it has hung. In the front of the wall hanging it is an "AL" signature and in the back it is marked "AL-SW 1969". "AL-SW" stands for "Alice Lund - Sofia Widén AB". From 1961-1970 this was the studios name because Alice Lund took over Sofia Widén's business after she past away in 1961.

My collection of textile art isn't that extensive yet but I have a few good pieces so far. My favorites are the ones connected to Alice Lund and Sofia Widén. For example a couple of years a go I bought this wall hanging by Sofia Widén. It is always fun when works from the studio find their way back home.


Wall hanging by Alice Lund, 1969.
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

Sketch for wall hanging by Alice Lund, 1969.
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB 


Signature on the backside of wall hanging by Alice Lund, 1969.
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

Signature in front of wall hanging by Alice Lund, 1969.
Photo: Alice Lund Textilier AB

1 kommentar: